|My Kinda' Living >
50 Romantic Ways to Propose Marriage
It's no good planning a wedding if you haven't
even popped the big question yet - 'Will you Marry Me'? Here are 50 of the best ways to
let that special person know that you want to marry her/ him. Then
you will really have a story to tell to family and friends.
1. Do it the old fashioned way. Get down on one knee
with a rose clenched in your teeth and the ring in your hand just
before you are about to eat dessert in a busy restaurant.
2. Have a waiter bring you a small cake with the
ring inside of it. (Be careful that she doesn't swallow it).
3. Take her/him to the theatre and ask the stage
manager if he will ask her/him to marry you after the final curtain.
This is the perfect ending to a perfect evening.
4. Turn up at her/his office in the middle of the
afternoon armed with a red rose, a bottle of champagne and a glass
with the ring in it.
5. Write will you marry me --- her/his name in chalk
on the street out side your apartment in big enough letters so that
she/he will notice it.
6. Phone up your local radio station and get them to
pop the question for you over the air waves at a time that you know
she/he will be listening. Then dedicate a song to her/him.
7. Gather all your friends and family around for
drinks and pop the question then.
8. Gather friends and family outside your his/her
home waving banners with the words will you marry me on them. (Make
sure that they get the right house).
9. Send a singing telegram to her/his workplace
singing your love and urge to marry her/him. Then walk in just after
he popped the question.
10. Create a web page all about your life together. Photos, places
that mean a lot to you etc.. Announce your love by proposing, send
him the web address and wait for his/her reply and when accepted you
can then send the address to friends and family.
11. Wrap a large box and fill with smaller boxes all
wrapped the last box that she will come to will be the smallest with
the ring inside. Or alternatively wrap a large box and fill with
those tiny foam pieces and let her look for the small box inside.
12. Cut the bottom out of a very large box then wrap
it. Take it to her place of work and ask one of her colleague's to
go get her telling her that there is a large parcel for her.
Meanwhile you climb in from the bottom and when she unwraps it jump
out with the ring in hand and ask her to make an honest man of you.
13. Take her/him away for the weekend and when you are on your last
day pop the question.
14. Get up extra early and prepare her/him breakfast
in bed. Cook his/her favourite meal with a red rose and a bottle of
champagne a kiss to wake him/her and then declare your love.
15. Scatter rose petals all over her bed and wrap
the ring and tell her that you have gotten her a gift to show how
much you love her and when she opens it tell her that you want to
spend the rest of your life with her.
16. Cook your loved one a romantic meal and place a
note around a candle asking her/him to marry you then get her/him to
17. Give your girlfriend a foot massage and place
the ring on her little toe.
18. Phone your loved one at work and get them to
meet you at the place where you first met each other. Take a long a
bottle of champagne and two glasses then do the deed.
19. Bake him a cake and write on top of it Will you
20. Take out a full page ad in a paper that you know
your loved one reads regularly and be close by when he/she reads it.
21. Buy your loved one a watch and have it inscribed
22. Pour her a glass of wine with the ring in the
bottom of it and when she says yes get out the champagne.
23. Go for a picnic together then pop the question.
24. Propose at Christmas by hanging the ring from
the top of the tree instead of a star or a fairy.
25. If you're dining in a fancy restaurant, ask the
waiter/waitress to write, "Will you marry me?" in chocolate sauce
around the rim of his/her dessert plate.
26. Run her a bath with scented candles, rose petals
and rubber duck with the ring tied around it's neck.
27. Serve her oysters in bed with the ring inside
28. Write a note asking your other to marry you,
place it inside a bottle. Take her/him to the beach when he/she is
in the water slip the bottle in and ask them to open it to see what
29. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on
your ceiling. Climb on top of him/her and wait for the yes, yes,
30. Leave a trail of notes fro your partner to
follow and when he/she reaches the end you will be standing there
naked with a bow wrapped around you with the words "Will you marry
31. Scratch your proposal into the frost on his or her car's
32. Take your partner to the beach and write "Will
you marry me?" in big letters in the sand.
33. Take him/her on a sail boat up a river and pop
34. Leave the ring on her pillow along with a note and go to work.
She will probably get there before you do, waiting with outstretched arms.
35. Take her/him up in a hot air balloon with a
bottle of champagne and announce that'll you'll jump if she/he
doesn't marry you.
36. Take her/him to see his/her favorite band and
ask one of the stage crew if they will pop the question for you.
37. Plan a treasure hunt. Set the clues in place and
when he/she gets to the last clue you will be standing there with
champagne and a proposal they can't refuse.
38. Hire a skywriter to spell your proposal on high.
39. Hire a plane to fly a banner with your "Marry me
(insert name here)" message written on it. Take him/her somewhere
open and point to the sky.
40. Sneak in to her home and fill it to the rafters
with flowers and in the middle sit a teddy bear holding the ring and
a note asking her to marry you.
41. Propose in French the language of love.
42. Play Hangman and have the phrase be "Marry Me."
43. Throw her/him a surprise party inviting friends
and family and then propose.
44. Send her/him 4 balloons with the words "Will you
marry me?" written on them.
45. Write her/him a story about your relationship.
Almost like a diary with dates if possible. Then end it with the
date you are going to give it to him/her telling how you proposed
and that the story can't be ended until you have the answer.
46. If it's snowing write "Will you marry me?" in
47. If you are brave enough get a tattoo done with
"Will you marry me?" but only if you are sure that he/she is the
right one and once he/she has accepted finish it off with the date
of your engagement and marriage.
48. Take him to see his favorite football team
playing and get the commentator to ask him to marry you.
49. Ask him/her to marry you by writing it on the
50. For the last one send your loved one a coffin
(he he he) only joking...